Episode #2 - Managing Photo Libraries
Jeff Carlson and Kirk McElhearn discuss why you want some sort of photo library in place, such as Photos or Lightroom, and their different approaches to managing their images. We dig into software, keywords, machine learning-based search, and the advantages (and annoyances) of cloud-based libraries.
Charcoal Book Club. Get 10% off a membership to regularly receive photo books. Go to www.charcoalbookclub.com and use the coupon code PHOTOACTIVE to get the discount automatically.
See the full show notes, including photos, screenshots, and more, here.
- Jeff's book Take Control of Your Digital Photos
- Jeff's book Take Control of Lightroom CC
- iCloud Photo Library
- “I only ever take one picture of one thing. Literally. Never two. So then that picture is taken and then the next one is waiting somewhere else.” William Eggelston
- The Next Track: a podcast about how people listen to music today
- iCloud storage plans and pricing
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Luminar 2018
PhotoActive Facebook group; find the secret word you need to join the group at the end of the podcast
- William Eggleston: Los Alamos exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (now closed) “I am at war with the obvious."
- Kirk's review of Los Alamos Revisited
- Todd Hido, Intimate Distance
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast. And don't forget to join the PhotoActive Facebook group to discuss the podcast, share your photos, and more.
Photos mentioned in the show: