Episode #27 - Flying High with Ian Schray and Drones
In traditional photography, a great piece of advice is to “zoom with your feet,” or, move yourself closer to a subject. What happens when the subject is 400 feet high? Or you want a unique viewpoint that wouldn’t be possible without a crane? This week we talk to Ian Schray about flying drones: quadcopters outfitted with cameras.
- Ian Schray (Twitter)
- DJI Drones
- DJI Pantom 2 V2.0 Quadcopter
- DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter (Ian’s model)
- DJI Mavic Pro 1 (Jeff’s model)
- DJI Mavic Pro 2
- FAA Unmanned Aircraft Systems information
- DJI Fly Safe information
- Jeff: Fstop Labs Accessories for DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum/Alpine White - Transport Clip Controller Transmitter Joystick Protector
- Kirk: 133 Countries from Above, by Yann Arthus-Bertrand
Subscribe to the PhotoActive podcast mailing list at the bottom of any page at the PhotoActive web site to be notified of new episodes and be eligible for occasional giveaways. If you’ve already subscribed to the mailing list, you’re automatically entered.
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast. And don't forget to join the PhotoActive Facebook group to discuss the podcast, share your photos, and more.