Episode 35: Martin Parr Shot My Portrait
For this week’s episode, we’re moving to the other side of the camera. Kirk had the opportunity to get his portrait done by world-renowned Magnum photographer Martin Parr. He shares what it was like to be the subject, not the photographer.
Gentlemen Coders RAW Power 2 lets you process raw files on your Mac with full control over Apple’s raw engine, offering features previously available only in Aperture. It has exceptional highlight recovery, as well as noise reduction, capture sharpening, gamut mapping, and more. RAW Power also works with JPEGs, TIFFs, and other standard image formats. RAW Power 2 runs as an extension in Apple Photos or as a standalone app. RAW Power 2 for iOS is a full photo library app that offers the same features, and works with your existing Photos library. Learn more at rawpower.app.
Production Note: We’ve decided to change the frequency of episode releases to fortnightly (every two weeks) due to current commitments we both have.
- Martin Parr's photos
- Martin Parr Foundation
- Remote Scottish Postboxes, by Martin Parr
- Britain Through the Eyes of the Photographer Who Knows It Best
- The Gucci Timepieces that Appear in Martin Parr’s Photographs Shot Around the World for #timetoparr
- Gucci Is Dropping a Super-Limited Book Inspired by Legendary Post-Punk Band New Order
- Vogue Brazil Cover
- The Last Resort: See photo #21 for the photo of a woman lying on a towel next to heavy machinery.
- Yousuf Karsh’s photos of Winston Churchill
- Martin Parr Portrait Studio 2019
- #Martinparr on Instagram
Subscribe to the PhotoActive podcast mailing list at the bottom of any page at the PhotoActive web site to be notified of new episodes and be eligible for occasional giveaways. If you’ve already subscribed to the mailing list, you’re automatically entered.
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast. And don't forget to join the PhotoActive Facebook group to discuss the podcast, share your photos, and more.