Episode 42: Memory Cards
Your camera stores photos on memory cards, but trying to understand them is a confusing mess of acronyms, speed claims, and marketing. What’s the difference between a UHS-I SD card and a UHS-II card? We break it all down, including why you may not want the fastest (and more expensive) cards available.
Masters of Photography, online masterclasses with the greatest photographers in the world. Get 5% off any course with the code PHOTOACTIVE. https://mastersof.photography
- Migrate Your Aperture Libraries to Photos or Adobe Lightroom Classic (Apple)
- Take Control of Your Digital Photos, by Jeff Carlson
- Best USB-C memory card readers, Macworld, by Jeff Carlson
- SD memory cards: The features and specifications to look for, Macworld, by Jeff Carlson
- SanDisk 64 GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card, 170 MB/s Read
- SanDisk 64 GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-II Card, 300 MB/s Read
- Sony 32 GB SHDC UHS-II Card, 300 MB/s Read
- Fujifilm X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only) - Silver, the camera Jeff bought.
Subscribe to the PhotoActive podcast newsletter at the bottom of any page at the PhotoActive web site to be notified of new episodes and be eligible for occasional giveaways. If you’ve already subscribed, you’re automatically entered.
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast. And don't forget to join the PhotoActive Facebook group to discuss the podcast, share your photos, and more.