Episode #15 - Time-Lapse Photography
Time-lapse photography can create dramatic short videos - think about clouds zooming overhead throughout the course of a day or flowers blooming in seconds - but creating time-lapse videos turns out to be remarkably easy. In this episode, Jeff and Kirk walk through the process of using the Time-Lapse mode in the iOS Camera app as well as capturing time-lapse photos with traditional cameras.
Masters of Photography, online masterclasses with the greatest photographers in the world. Get 5% off any course with the code PHOTOACTIVE. https://mastersof.photography/ref/27/?campaign=PhotoActive
- A Student Took a Selfie Every Day for Eight Years and It’s the Best Time-Lapse
- The Longest Way, by Christoph Rehage
- How Does the iOS 8 Time-lapse Feature Work?, Studio Neat blog
- Hyperlapse app
- Benny Hill - End Show Clip
- Intervalometer example
- Miops Mobile Dongle (be sure to pick the right model for your camera)
- Sample Time-Lapse Shot with Miops Mobile Dongle, created by Jeff for a DPReview article
- The Same Time-Lapse with a Push-In Camera Move
- Sunset Hill 360-degree Time-Lapse, also by Jeff
- The BEST way to make a TIME-LAPSE!, by Peter McKinnon
- Adrift, a great time-lapse example
- Sequence for Mac
- Subscribe to the PhotoActive podcast mailing list at the bottom of any page at the PhotoActive web site to stay up to date with new episodes of PhotoActive, and to be eligible for random giveaways of software and books.
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast. And don't forget to join the PhotoActive Facebook group to discuss the podcast, share your photos, and more.